Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Beautiful blond with a heart of gold

I know what you're thinking... I'm on on the wrong website. I clicked into Match.com accidentally and am trying to place an ad for my dream guy. Uh, nope... I'm married to a dream guy so no need for matchmakers.

This would, however, be a great header or a good opening line for an ad for my youngest son. He was blessed with a head of sunny blond hair and has an enormous heart of gold, which grows bigger & bigger everyday.

This child is my cuddlebug and because we have somewhat opposite temperaments, we mesh very well. I enjoy every minute we spend together and he always manages to tickle my funny bone. Even if the words alone are not comical, the way he delivers the words often is. Typically "out of the mouth of babes" kind of things. This is why I call this blond blue-eyed angel "my crazy Nut".

He is as sweet as honey and incredibly kindhearted. I will not bore you with the countless deeds he's done to prove this but I do want to share a couple of things....

The other day as I was opening the fridge, I looked up to see the star Nut had made in last year in first grade. The teacher asked all of the children to write down one thing they wished for on a star. This is what Nut wrote on his star: "I will help people in trouble."


My heart fluttered the first time I read it and every time since. And the truth is I have no doubt that Nut will someday be someone's hero.

He will be a knight in shining armor. He will slay all Boogie Men. He will, as the dictionary describes, be a person noted for feats of courage or nobility of purpose, especially one who has risked or sacrificed his life for others.

Then the other day, as we were going to the doctor's office, we saw an old man shoveling the newly fallen snow. There wasn't much and it was fairly light, but the snowplow had pushed a menacing pile at the end of his driveway.

When I noticed the man, I had thought to myself "Gee, if I didn't have to be somewhere in 5 minutes, I'd stop to help him."
Just as I finished that thought, Nut had spotted the man and said sadly "Oooooh, I wish we could stop and help that man!"

So you see, he really does have a heart of gold. And he genuinely wants to help people in trouble!

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet tribute to a very special boy!

    Wouldn't it be cool if we could say hi at the game!?! I just wrote myself a note so I'll remember what section you'll be in. I don't have my ticket (we designated one group ticket-keeper) so I have no idea where I'll be, but I'm going to do my best to find you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaaaah...

    Don't you love to hear, to see, to experience the precious heart of truth in our children, Lisa?

    What a sweety!

    ReplyDelete

It's always a pleasure having you stop by... so please jot down a few words of wisdom before you leave.

Pursue your dream

Pursue your dream
Never underestimate the power of positive thinking.