Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Honest Crap

I recently read a blog that outlined 10 Honest Facts about yourself. I hope you all expose your 10 Honest Facts somehow or somewhere, too. It really is quite liberating. Anyways here's mine:

1. Ongoing fact.
I have always lived on the East Coast and have only twice traveled to Colorado (to ski... surprise, surprise). It is my life’s goal to visit every state in the Union before I leave this earth, starting with all of the National Parks & Monuments. My goal is to retire to somewhere hot, scenic and cultured. I have currently set my sights on Arizona, but that could change as I am typically a bit indecisive.
2. Very resent fact.
In light of the New Year, I have yet again decided that it is completely pointless to make any Resolutions, knowing full well that I could never commit to keeping such empty promises or far fetched commitments.
3. A silly honest fact.
I talk in “voices” to my children & pets … a form of personification of the cartoon characters I have suppressed deep within my being.
4. Fact from the past.
I was dating a man in 1988 that I suspected of doing something illicit, so I tricked him to reveal it to me. It was my birthday and he wanted to know what I wanted, so I told him I wanted to “do a line.” He produced it, which confirmed my suspicion, and then I bent down to sniff. It was the first, last and only time I have ever done that. (oh and we stopped dating soon after)
5. Food fact.
When I was a child I hated maple syrup and strawberries… these days I smother my pancakes with both (not at the same time, though.) But the most notable fact about me & food is: I haven’t yet met a food (non-exotic, that is) that I wouldn’t try. I am a foodie to the core. That may be why I seldom loose weight and seem to gain those pounds others have lost…
6. Very Musical fact.
The band Phish is from my home state, yet I do not follow, like or even know any of their music. I do, however, like all types of music, from Madonna to Metallica, from The Beatles to The B52’s , from Journey to Billy Joel, from Streisand to Santana, from Lynard Skynard to Linda Edder , from The Tragically Hip to The 10,000 Maniacs, from Aerosmith to Supertramp, from The Allman Brothers to The Guess Who, from The Cars to The Stone Temple Pilots, from Kansas to Nazareth, from Styx to The Stones, from The Knack to Pearl Jam, from Sarah McLachlan to Janis Joplin, from Meatloaf to Creed. My list is endlessly eclectic.
7. Just a fact.
Ben & Jerry's gives their ice cream waste to local farmers who feed it to their hogs. The hogs seem to like every flavor except Mint Oreo. (I hope you all know what Ben & Jerry's is... and by the way my favorite flavor is Coffee Heath Bar Crunch)
8. Fact about me
I have always hated my Birth Day… which is two days AFTER Christmas. As a little girl, I vividly remember having presents wrapped in Christmas paper, and getting less Christmas presents than my siblings (or so it seemed). I think I was told that some of my presents were “combos” which, in effect, meant too expensive to buy for one occasion, so the money was pooled to buy it as a combination Christmas/Birthday gift. And when I got older, things didn’t change… in 1998 my husband nearly forgot my birthday and in 2006 I had to order my own birthday cake because my family forgot! And I detest the idea that I celebrate my "half birthday" in June.
9. Embarrassing fact.
So how do I admit this without blushing...? I have a potty mouth, I can swear like a sailor, and one of the curse words I use prolifically is the “f” word.
10. Strange fact.
I like snow, the deeper the better… I also like to shovel snow. And whenever I shovel, it has to be down-to-the-pavement clean. In fact when I drop my children off at school and the walkways are not adequately cleared, I feel this overwhelming urge to grab a shovel.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday. Notice I didn't say, "and Merry Christmas"! One should have NOTHING to do with the other.

    Your clear pavement fetish must drive you crazy, if your town is anything like my town!

    ReplyDelete

It's always a pleasure having you stop by... so please jot down a few words of wisdom before you leave.

Pursue your dream

Pursue your dream
Never underestimate the power of positive thinking.